With the outbreak of the Corona Virus, there is a lot of confusion about how the virus spreads and how do we keep ourselves and our family safe.
There is only one major point you need to learn about how the virus spreads.
The virus spreads when droplets of a sick person get into the eyes, nose, and mouth of a healthy person.
If you see someone who is coughing and sneezing, maintain a distance of 1 to 2 meters so that you are safe from the large droplets. You can also offer the sick person a mask that will keep everyone nearby safe from the droplets.
To be on the safe side, you should also avoid crowds as you do not know who is sick. Infected people may not show any symptoms but will still be infectious.
A sick person’s saliva can also get onto other things which can then indirectly be transferred to you, for example, their hands, Pens, doorknobs, mouse, digital devices, cups, lift buttons, tissue and even the outside of a healthy person’s mask.
Accidently if you get in direct contact with any of the things and then touch your or your loved one’s face or rub your eyes, you might all get sick.
These objects tend to hold the virus for up to 48 hours. The only protection you can get from them is by washing them with soap.
Here are 5 precautions which will be good to follow!
- Wash your hands with soap from the tip of your fingers till your elbows thoroughly between fingers, under the nails and the back of your hand after touching a suspected object.
- Cover your cough with a disposable tissue and discard them immediately. If you are wearing a mask then try not to touch the outside of the mask and do not wear it for more than a day.
- Avoid places where people are sick and do not share their personal items such as utensils, food, towels, and cups.
- Avoid touching your eyes, ears or nose.
- Seek medical advice immediately if you are sick.
Hopefully, these precautions will help you and your loved ones stay safe.
Do not forget to share!